I had never tried stamping on candles until a few weeks ago. I decided to give it a try and made some Christmas gifts. My first candle was a bit of a disaster but then I got the hang of it.
I made the snowflake base using a retired die and cut one in navy card stock and another using the white glimmer paper. I’ll get to the candle directions in a bit.
Because I was making these for gifts I stamped bags and tissue to match.
To stamp a candle you need white tissue paper and a heat tool.
- Stamp design on tissue paper.
- Cut as much of the excess tissue paper off as you can.
- Place tissue paper on candle and wrap tightly with wax paper keeping what excess wax paper there is to the back using that to hold on to.
- Use a heat tool on low setting to heat the design being careful not to use too much heat. Heat until you see the design get glossy.
- Gently peel off the wax paper. If you can still see the outline of the tissue paper heat a little more.
Have a safe and happy New Years Eve