In the past few days I posted a Halloween card and also information about the new Envelope Punch Board. So in a recent class we made the Halloween card and an envelope to go with it. (I used some retired paper for the envelope). After cutting the required amount for the envelope I had leftover strips of paper. I also had some leftover candy from the candy corn muslin bag I showed you a few days ago. I love candy corn so I didn't want it around the house so we made a Halloween treat with candy corn using the leftover paper from the envelope. These are called sour cream containers because, well, because that's what they look like.
Sour Cream Container Directions:
- Start with a piece of DSP 5-1/2" x 4-1/4". (we used a slightly smaller piece – 5-1/4" x 4" – because that is what was left from the envelope). Lay it on the table with the long sides on the top and bottom.
- Attach Sticky Strip to the areas indicated in the photo below.
- Roll the paper into a tube starting on the short side. Attach to the opposite end with the Sticky Strip. You now have a tube with both ends open.
- Seal one end by pinching the ends together and securing with the Sticky Strip.
- Fill with candy or other small gift.
- Pinch the other open end together in the opposite direction and seal with the Sticky Strip.
- Add a tag.
My daughter and grandson stopped by this afternoon. She brought me some yummy soup. Thanks for that, Lynn Ann. It seemed as though my grandson had gotten taller since I saw him about a week ago so I measured him. He's a whopping 6 feet tall. Nothing he got from his mother. She'll tell you she's 4' 11-1/2" but I think she's really 4' 11".
So today is Friday the 13th. Are you superstitious? I was reading about it on the internet and found that about 10% of people believe it is an unlucky day. I am not one of them, however, I wouldn't plan a big event on Friday 13th. Sure wouldn't recommend getting married on this date. Wouldn't schedule surgery on this date. And I wouldn't tempt fate by breaking a mirror or opening an umbrella inside the house. But if you are one of those who worry about bad luck following you around have I got good news for you. I read you will have good luck if a bird poops on your head. So go outside and stand under a bunch of trees and just maybe you'll get lucky.